28 September 2009

Our Hideous Entertainment Center

We got a free entertainment center off of Craigslist and it is/was a really, really ugly (at least for a huge piece of furniture for your living room) blue. We are in the process of scraping it right now...the problem is that all of the paint scrapers w have used are no good on corrugated wood with a thin layer of fake wood on top. We have been scraping for two weeks with screwdrivers, lame, I know. We are about half done with the scraping and have sanded several pieces, for texture. Our next jobs will be to repair it, fill in any holes, finish sanding, and prime and paint it. Hopefully our blue paint is prettier than the other one. I'll post a finished project when we are finished. My goal is October 15th. Oh, and Andy really loves to help us...









3 comments:

  1. Hehe. It looks like Andy is a big help! And wow. That was really blue! You guys are making great progress! Yay for free furniture! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, furniture revamp, awesome! Can't wait to see the results. I'm glad you have a blog, Abby. It's so great to keep up with old friends. Andy is getting big- what a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a project!! I'm sure you'll make it beautiful. Andy is SO big--i was just thinking how the last time I saw him, he was a tiny newborn! Wow, that went by fast! I love your blog by the way...for some reason, I just barely found it! :)

    ReplyDelete